May 31, 2013

Vol 3 Ed 5


Vol 3 Ed 5

Volume 3 Edition 5 Newsletter

Online at

Independent aged care, lifestyle and financial advice for seniors
Volume 3 Edition 5 – 31 May 2013


A place to call home in retirement

Many long term renters fear retiring from full time paid work.
How could they afford to continue paying their rent without a regular wage?
Actually there are many types of rental housing affordable to Age Pensioners.
Read more about housing options for retirees of very modest means at

Alas the demand for affordable housing outstrips supply.  Therefore, you cannot be sure
of finding suitable housing at an affordable rent when you retire.  Maybe now is the time
to seriously start saving to purchase a home for retirement.

Currently saving via superannuation has tax advantages for workers.
Beware that the superannuation rules could change so that you might not be
allowed to withdraw a substantial lump sum to buy a home for retirement.

Now is the time to establish your savings plan to finance your home in retirement.

Before you accept any offers of advice about managing your money, check that the ‘adviser’ is qualified and licenced to be providing financial advice.

It is your money so read more about the AFS Licence for financial service providers
before you ‘invest’ at

Hint: before you engage a financial adviser be sure to look for the
AFS Licensee name and number, and be comfortable that the
individual adviser is an Authorised Representative of the AFS Licensee.

Christine Hopper is the director and an Authorized Representative (number 252529) of Financial Care Services AFS Licence number 299570.

Financial Care Services is an independently owned financial advisory service.

Clients of Financial Care Services are charged fees based on the complexity of their situations and the extent of the written advice required.  The fee for a Statement of Advice is agreed in advance; Financial Care Services does not accept commissions in respect of client investments.   Any payments from investment managers are credited to the client’s fee account at Financial Care Services.

If you would like further confidential, independent and professional advice about Centrelink, lifestyle or financial issues please contact Christine at Financial Care Services (03) 9808 0338.

Would I be eligible for an Age Pension?  If so, how much would I receive? 
After many requests for specific assistance to help understand Centrelink requirements,
I now offer a special 45 minute consultation by phone or in person to assess your entitlements.  If you are ‘planning’ to live on the Age Pension, an assessment of your potential entitlement could be valuable information.

To book your appointment please call 03 9808 0338.


Financial Care Services

Christine Hopper
Financial Care Services Pty Ltd
Independent aged care, lifestyle and financial advice for seniors in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Australian Financial Services Licence Number
299570 (check this at
Authorised Representative Number
252529 (check this at

Telephone – call +61 3 9808 0338
Email – contact
Address – mail or meet at 172 Warrigal Road, Camberwell Victoria 3124
Website – visit
LinkedIn – connect
LinkedIn Company – follow LinkedIn Group – join Facebook Page – like
Twitter Feed – follow
Past newsletters – see
Newsletter – subscribe

Disclaimer: The information contained in this newsletter is of a general nature only and does not constitute “financial advice”. You should obtain your own personal financial advice before investing any money or moving in to any retirement village, lifestyle community or aged care facility. Financial Care Services is licensed to provide financial advice to individual clients based on their personal situations.

© 2013 Financial Care Services Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.